June was the 1st official month of Summer Vacation in our home. As most of you know I do daycare from home so we have had anywhere from 1 daycare child to 7 daycare children on any given day.
Michael had quite a few play dates the 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 15, 25, 29.
Mike was going through physical therapy for his broken right leg two times a week.
June 8 we met up with our friends The Quillin's to play at the splash pad and park. I have been pretty bad about pictures but, here are a couple that I did get
![]() |
| Madison |
![]() |
| Michael |
![]() |
| Grace |
June 9th was our Ward Temple Day in Nauvoo. Michael had a friends Birthday party so he chose to go to that. We had a beautiful day and were able to do baptism's, it was a wonderful experience.
![]() |
| Madi and Grace playing at the Old Time Games |
![]() |
| Our little beauties! |
Occasionally after church the kids and I gather in the back yard for pictures all dressed up. Madison is usually napping and Mike doesn't care much for having his picture taken. June 17
![]() |
| Grace |
![]() |
| Me |
![]() |
| Michael our handsome Young Man |
The week of June 19th Michael had day camp for Cub Scouts. I was able to get the day off on the 22nd so I could be a day walker with his pack.
June 23 we visited Grandpa Hadenfeldt at Sugar Bottom and had smores with him. This was Madi's 1st time by the camp fire and first smores.
Grace received her 1st cavity on June 27. Grace did wonderful throughout the cavity filling process, wish that worked at the Dr. After the Dentist I took her to the mall to get a smoothie but, it wasn't opened yet so instead she got to get a massage from the massage chair.
![]() |
| Lucky girl |
June 27 was Michael's 1st time watching Madison on his own while she was awake. We were only gone for about 2 hours and he did a GREAT job!
June 28 I took 6 kids to Mc Donald's play place and they had a blast. Since it has been so hot and humid we have had to find alternative things to playing out doors.
![]() | |
| Madi didn't want to be in the group picture. She loved Ronald! |
![]() |
| A great bunch of kids! |
Grace had
immunizations at the beginning of the month and about 2 weeks after had
some odd pimple looking lesions on her body as well as a fever, the
chills, lethargy. I assumed it was all a result of her immunizations.
To be safe I took her in to see a Dr. that wasn't our normal Dr. and he
said it was impetigo or strep. I knew it wasn't impetigo but, he gave
her a antibiotic that I figured would cover whatever it could be. About
2 weeks later once the antibiotic were done she still had the rash so I
took her in and we were able to see our normal Dr. She said that it
was probably a Staph infection but, did a culture just to be sure. July
29th one of the lesions was getting larger and harder so we took her
into the Dr. so we could get it checked out before the weekend. The Dr.
sent us to the ER to have it drained since it was over her femoral
artery. It took the Dr.s 2 shots of Valium just to be able to get the
iv in her arm. 2 doses of the anesthesiology to get her under and as
soon as they were done stitching her up she was back. They said that
they have never experienced that with a child her size before. As soon
as she was back with it she asked if we could go home every 5 minutes or
so. She had to urinate and keep liquids down before they could let us
go. She did both within 30 minutes of being up and the let us be
discharged. She was given a stuffed animal she named Tracker and the
staff was so GREAT! It was an awful thing to experience but, we knew
the Lord was watching out for us. There is no telling what could have been if the infection spread to her blood stream and through her organs. We were very fortunate to have caught it when we did and for the Dr.'s to be so proactive.
Grace
ended up having MRSA, we didn't know until the 2 of July but, she had
very mild symptoms all of June. That was a hard one to explain to my
daycare families and our friends :(
![]() |
| Grace June 29 after surgery |













No comments:
Post a Comment