Sunday, November 3, 2013

Update

Our home computer has been down for a while now. So I sit here in bed typing away on Michaels iPad. Life has been full, So full that I am not even sure when I started this post. Today is November 3,2013.

Monday night is family home evening,
Tuesday we have new member lessons,
Wednesday night are scouts,
Thursday Mike has Elders Quorum meetings,
Friday night we are usually burned out from the week,
Saturday we always have something either church or school related,
and Sundays are church, church meeting and helping others with rides to and from church.

Things are slowing down a bit for Mike at work, which has been a huge blessing! Mike was called to serve in the Elders Quorum Presidency as the 2nd counselor May 26th, the day after we were endowed. It has been so neat to see him grow in serving others.

During the week, I have a total of 2 three year olds and a newly turned 4 year old that I care for on various days, 2 part time before school kids, and drop ins as needed. I now have a Monday thru Friday child...he is a wonderful kid and I am glad to be his babysitter but it's been a huge adjustment and wake up call that I should probably work on being better organized. The other 3 year old and 4 newly 4 year old are part time and their parents schedules are ever changing due to being part time nurses. I love that during the day Madi has built in play dates and the older two that I have before school get along well with Michael and Grace.  I served as 1st Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency from Oct. to May. When I was released it was such an odd feeling. Mike and I took out our endowments and were sealed on May 25, look for a whole new post for that momentous occasion. I was called in June to be a Ward Missionary, it is so neat to help others draw closer to The Lord.

Michael is such an awesome young man! I am so proud of the person my son is and I have so much to learn from him. He is still enjoying playing the tuba and does it well. He is doing pretty well in school and has found a group to belong to, which is huge in 6th grade. He is loving Boy Scouts and he and his best friend Matt talk about getting their Eagle Scouts at 15.  Right now we are in the depths of selling popcorn and he would like to reach his goal of $3,000 again but, time is running out.

Grace is still as strong willed and stubborn as Grace is going to be. We are working on accepting it and helping her to use her strengths for good :) She is doing very well at reading and enjoys recess and art the most. Grace broke her right arm riding a scooter at our friends house on May 16th and had to wear a cast for 6 weeks. On September 18th, Grace broke her right arm again but up higher and she broke both bones this time. I was out to dinner with a friend. I received a call around 8 as I was dropping my friend off and had a hard time not being there for her as she was injured. The incident happened at church after scouts and our good friend was able to help Mike out with getting the other 2 kids home and splinting Graces broken arm. I met them Mike and Grace up at the ER and we were there until about midnight. They had us come in 1st thing in the morning the next day to have Grace put under and have the bones reset. Graces nickname has become "deductible." We are hoping her bones will be healed in time to have her cast off by Thanksgiving.

 I am trying to really enjoy my last couple of years with Madison before she goes to school...she's growing up so FAST! Madison is a little mirror of her sister...I could do without her mirroring the fits. She is doing well at using the potty for pee but, I know that in time poo will happen too. Madi has been under the weather in the past couple weeks with a cold followed by an ear infection. She has developed a new found want for daddy while he is away at work, that is new to me as I am used to being the one they call for. Over all Madison is easy going and loves her family so much.

So without pictures that's what life has been full of.

1 comment:

Mariley Johnson said...

Good to hear from you. Thanks, from the only blogger left.