I have been such a slacker! I got nervous that I wouldn't remember how to write a post ;)
August was the close of Summer Vacation so we tried to have a lot of fun in a little time ;)
Michael and Grace started out the month with Strep Throat, no fun.
I took the kids to the Iowa Children's museum 8/1
Aug. 6-10 we spent in Chicago. It was so great to get away just the 5 of us. The trip is foggy so I will try to recap with pictures.
8/6 we drove to Chicago and checked out the local mall and probably swam at the hotel.
8/7 we took the El into downtown.
We checked out the Lincoln Park Zoo. It was free so that's all kinds of great to us.
 |
| The John Hancock Center |
|
|
 |
| Pygmy Hippo ( Michael took this) |
|
|
We walked a lot on our trip today from the El to the Zoo, at the Zoo, and then back to the El
 |
| Can you tell what this face is? Someone farted, and Mike was absolutely disgusted. (It could have been me ;) | | | | | | | | | | |
 |
| Grace loved the music in the El Station |
|
 |
| The Lincoln Memorial |
8/8 we tried to go to the Field Museum, it was supposed to be a free day but, it wasn't so we didn't go.
 |
| King Kong Michael |
 |
| Outside the Shedd Aquarium with the Chicago skyline |
Instead we took a taxi boat to the Navy Pier and walked around Chicago.
8/9/2011 We went to a really cool farm/zoo in Chicago
 |
| Madison got to ride the merry go round for the first time |
 |
| Michael and Grace got to ride horses |
 |
| Hay rack ride |
8/10 We went to Lego Land Chicago and then drove home
In between having fun Mike's Uncle Gordon was in hospice and we visited him when we could
8/17 I started caring for a new daycare family. They have 3 kids: 1, 4, and 6
8/18 was the first day of school
 |
| Grace looking adorable 8/26 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
 |
| Took some pictures of flowers that I managed to keep alive through a season |
|
|
|
|
 |
| Thought I might need some sunshine and flowers come winter time |
|
|
|
|
 |
| Madison being adorable 8/31 |
1 comment:
What a fun trip! Love the family picture! And that's funny about Mike getting gassed! ;) haha
Post a Comment