Friday, July 24, 2009

Michael's summer thus far...

Michael has had all kinds of adventures this summer and he still has a couple weeks before school starts on Aug. 20th.

Cub Scout June 27, 2009 camp with just him and Mike.
Learning to shoot.
Archery
Cub Scout tent

On July 11th, we traveled to celebrate Mt. Vernon days. Michael and Grace got to go to their 1st concert. It was a kid song singer, they loved it!

Michael got to play a fireman's game where you try to get a buoy type thing to the others side first. Maybe next year he will have a chance, this year not so much so.

Later in that day we drove to the Johnson county fair and they had the best petting zoo, EVER.

Michael next to a really cool carved bear.

July 15th, he got to meet Dan Wordale? ( I don't know how to spell his last name) from PBS kids. A very fun time for all.


We went to visit cousins camping in Northern Iowa and Michael got to swim, play hard, and catch a fish or two. July 13th.
Grace, Michael, Ajay, and Lexa (being silly.) 2nd cousins
He caught it!

Mother son kick ball on July 14th with a twist, the moms had to wear rain boots.

I was the brave one and took the 1st turn :)



Michael went to church camp with Grandma Hadenfeldt and Noah July 17-19, near Des Moines. He had a great time. I am sad that I don't have any pictures of his adventures, hopefully some will come.

There has been lots in between but, these are the things I have pictures of so they are easier for me to remember. I don't know what I am going to do as I get older, my memory is not very good.

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

haha I LOVE the idea of momma's wearing wellies/boots to play kickball with the kids! FUN!!!! That bear carving was really cool!! Michael looks like he's having a very BUSY-FUN summer, which is good! I'm sure he's enjoyed all that you've guys have planned and done! :)

alicia said...

See, you've made for a super fun summer for that kid. Michael is one lucky boy to have all those fun memories. You really should come to Cherry Hill pool one of these afternoons from 3:30-5. It's awesome so long as it's 80 degrees.