Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tag from Suzie

A Tag from my friend Suzie

10 years ago: I was 16. Life was rough. I let other people's problems become mine and I hated the world. The summer before my Junior year we moved to Mesa and I went to Mountain View. I didn't have very many friends, in fact I think I can count them on 10 fingers Courtney McLaws, Jacy Jarvis, Elicia Hollings, Suzie P, Mandy Boren, Nina Gonzales, Jenny something, and that is all I can think of... sad huh? I babysat often though, it kept me busy. I had a crush on a boy named Steve Cave, I always wondered what happened to him.

5 years ago: I was 21. Michael was 2. I watched my nieces Sera and Cassie. We lived in Mesa, Arizona off of Dobson and University. I wasn't active in my church but I had a great friend Sarah Wimmer who was my saving grace. She helped me to remember how important the Gospel is. Thank you Sarah.

5 months ago: December. I don't remember too much from December. Grace was 8 months and Michael was 5 years 8 months. We had Christmas Eve at Mike's dad's then later that day, went to Marengo to celebrate Christmas with Mike's mom and her family. On Christmas day we opened presents here and Mike's Grandma, Uncle Dale, and his girlfriend Doris came over and we had lunch. I made my first ham dinner ever.

5 things on my to do list today: (since it is almost tomorrow I will do my list for then) exercise in the morning, help some people from my ward move, shower, make dinner, read with Michael, coordinate the missionaries meals, have family home evening,

5 Snacks I enjoy: ice cream, cheese (sting cheese, cheddar cheese, most any milk based cheese, I recently discovered I DO NOT like cheese made from goats milk, it taste like a goat smells, ewwwww), apples, pineapple, bagels with cream cheese

5 things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire: pay off debits (i.e my credit cards, house, cars, medical bills, etc.), build a house here in Iowa and in Arizona, buy a chartered airplane to fly anywhere we want, find a job that makes Mike happy (which I think means something he can do by himself and not have to depend on other or hear their drama.), help my church out however it deems necessary


5 of my bad habits: idleness, lack of self control, gossiping, being insecure, being unkind to my family

5 places I have lived: Minnesota; Glendale, Arizona; Gilbert, Arizona; Mesa, Arizona; Maricopa, Arizona; North Liberty, Iowa; Tiffin, Iowa; Solon, Iowa; and now Cedar Rapids, Iowa

5 jobs I have had: Burger King, Capital (telemarketer), Premier Children's Center, At Home Signings as a coordinator ( I was terrible therefore they fired me, first and only job I was fired from), a mover

5 things people don't know about me: I was baptized a Latter Day Saint when I was 15, I was inactive when I met Mike, I have a hairless cat named Bootie,

after we had Michael we were told we might not ever have any more children, my throat gets itchy when I eat grapes

5 people I tag: I don't know that anyone will do it but, Barbara Jo, Mariley, Sarah Hall, Sarah Wimmer, Shannon

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Amanda you are so sweet. I have not been reading blogs much lately so now I am catching up on yours. I am not sure if I was a saving grace, but I sure loved being you neighbor. You were a friend to me when I need one too. I do love the gospel and grateful for it in my life. You are an amazing example to me of a wonderful wife and mother...thanks!!!