Saturday, April 25, 2009

He's 7, really?

So it was Michael's birthday 15 days ago and I now have a 7 year old, this is hard for me. It's just a number but, gosh I feel like everyday older he gets the further away he goes :( I don't like it!

Back to his birthday. On the 9th I brought him cupcakes at school and picked him up early (he didn't have school on the 10th, his real birthday.) He came home to a huge surprise, Grandma and Grandpa Matheny were here. He was so excited. Grandma was going to come to Iowa earlier but, plans changed and we didn't know what was going on so, we just told him that she wasn't coming so he wasn't dissapointed again. He was so surprised and happy!


On his real birthday, April 10th we went to The Blank Park Zoo in Des Moines

It's a fact, he likes dinosaurs. 4-10-09
after the Zoo we went to his favorite restaurant, Texas Roadhouse, he got to ride the saddle and have them sing Happy Birthday, he was in all his glory!

It was great having Grandpa and Grandma in town. We hope to see THEM sometime soon again!


There was more celebrating... on the 18th we had a friends birthday party at The Playstation ( if you weren't invited, please don't be hurt.) Michael and 11 of his closest friends and family had pizza, drinks, tokens, cake, presents, and lots of fun.

Luka and Michael. I told him someday he is going to REALLY love this picture ;)

Jace, Michael and Jonathan

Michael's future wife :( Emma and Luka. She is such a sweet girl but, I am in denial that my boy is going to grow up and leave me!

Our neighbor friends Kylie and Emily

Church friends Samuel and Damien and Evan our neighbor friend

EVERYONE...



I think most everyone had a blast but, I think a couple people got bored...

Cousin Noah

Mike was reading a Sport Illustrated and NO it, wasn't swimsuit addition.

Grace was more tired than bored. We don't know what we would have done without Jamie's help! Thank you Jamie!

That wasn't the end... we had a Mike's side of the family party on Sunday the 19th for both of the kids. Unfortunately Mike's grandma had fallen the following week and had to have a hip replacement and was being discharged that day and not everyone was able to be here. Mike's dad, mom, niece Ashlyn, and sister Jennifer were able to stop in and it was great to see them.

Until next year. And for the record next year there will be one party. 3 is way too many!

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

Hahaha the first group picture...I just love Grace's face! hahaha She looks definitely bored/tired in that one...like "Come on already" hahaha I can't believe he's 7!!!!!!! And Grace! She's looking less like a baby and more like a little girl!

koliveira said...

I am glad that you all had so much fun. Thank you for having Samuel over. He had so much fun:)

I learn so much as I watch my children grow. It makes me happy to be a mom...but there are days when I just want quiet time forever. I love my children:)