Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break 2009... updated

Spring Break 2009 was local but, full.

Mommy and Babe! 3-16-09

I love this sassy little girl!

On Monday the 16th we to the park with our neighborhood friends. It was such a beautiful day we couldn't pass it up.


The Neighborhood Buddy's

My kiddos and Me

My handsome boy!

Jamie, Me, and Melissa. My neighborhood Buddy's

Grace swinging


Playing with cousins, what a way to end the day...



On the 17th, I babysat till 12, then our friends The Myers went with us to the CR St. Patrick's Day parade and all I can say is, DON'T DO IT! There were like 3 transvestites in the parade and it was lame besides that. After that, we let the kids play at the playground for a bit.

Our love's looking cute. 3-18-09


On the 19th Jaime and I got the crazy notion to drive to Des Moines with our kids and spend the night, go to the zoo, and play there instead of here. We got into town at about 5 pm, swam at the awesome hotel (that we got to stay at courtesy of her husbands reward program, YEAH!), ordered pizza in and then the older kids and Jamie went back out to the pool. I stayed in and got Grace and myself ready for bed. They came back and Grace threw up from coughing so hard in her attempt to get some air to her lungs, luckily, Walgreen's was still open. I never seems to fail, we NEVER get a full nights sleep when we stay at a hotel :( It usually has to do with coughing and throwing up, it must have to do with the chlorine in the pool?


This was our beautiful view on the way into town and we stayed blocks from the Iowa State Capital building.


Once we got up and moving on 3-20-09 we made it the the Blank Park Zoo, the best Zoo I have ever been to. In the cooler weather the animals are up and moving around, and you can get an up close and personal experience there, we love it!

Emily, Michael, Evan, and Grace

This is the way Grace started out her trip to the zoo.



We loved feeding the goats and alpacas



I guess going to bed too late and waking up too early makes for a tired Michael, LOL! This was the way the van looked on the drive home. We had a great time and hope to do it sometime soon again!


On Saturday the 21st we met up with Great Grandma Brecht and redeemed a gift to get a Build a Bear. Grace wasn't feeling too great but, Michael had a blast.



Weew, we had a busy week but, it was so great to hang out with both of my kids, I have said it before and I know I will say it again, time flies and my babies are growing up too fast!

While the kids and I were busy playing, Mike and his dad were busy building Michael a loft bed. Here's a picture of the finished project

5 comments:

Suz said...

seriously... you have the cutest family ever. Michael is looking so grown up and Grace's pig tails are so adorable!!!

alicia said...

Grace is a doll! looks like a fun neighborhhood too.

Mariley Johnson said...

your bangs are so cute!

Hall Family said...

It's fun to catch up with you guys!!! :) We miss you!!!

Kayla said...

I LOVE Grace's ponytails! She's so cute!! Michael has grown up so much! he looks so mature =)