Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Christmas week!

Yes I am a blogging stalker but, that doesn't mean that I am very good at keeping mine up to date! What have we been up to? I ask myself the same question. Michael had no school on Monday the 22nd due to weather and I don't remember what we did that day. The 23rd he had a half day, I don't know what we did?

The 24th, we went to Mike's mom's side of the family's for Christmas with them. We went to the 5 pm service at Mike's Grandma's church and then from there we headed over to his cousins' house and we exchange gifts with his mom and grandma. We had lots of fun and it is always great to see everyone! I got to meet Mike's uncle Dexter for the 1st time ever.

Michael baked cookies for Santa before bed (Santa didn't eat them, we are guessing he was too full from everyone else's cookies.)

My boys!

John and Deb (Mike's mom and her boyfriend.)

Mike and his Uncle Dexter

Jennifer, Ashlyn, and Noah (Mike's sister and her kids.)

From Left to Right: Noah, Ashlyn, Grandma Brecht, Michael Jr. and Grace

Our family on Christmas Eve

The 25th was Christmas! We all slept in, woke up, Mike made us breakfast, we sang Christmas songs, and then we opened presents. I don't remember what we did the rest of the day but, we had a great time spending the day of Christ's birth together.

My handsome boy

My sweet babes on Christmas morning.

Michael so proudly wearing his new p.j's from Grandma and Grandpa Matheny.

I don't know what we did the 26th?

The 27th we had Christmas with Mike's dad, sister, and her kids. It is always great to get to hang out with our family here in Iowa, I wish we were able to do it more often. That is all of the past week that I can remember. If I remember anything else I will add it.

Our poor kids have had some nasty asthma coughing going on so we have been doing LOTS of nebulizer treatments. Grace does great and loves taking nebulizer treatments.

Mike and Michael sporting their Iowa shirts and looking mighty fine.

Grace moving around and not smiling while I was trying to get a cute picture of her.

Papa and his grand babies. Left to right: Michael Jr., Papa, Grace, Noah, and Ashlyn.



5 comments:

Hall Family said...

YAY!!! You're blogging!!!! :) I've been wondering about you!!! I still have lots to post, but still working on the pictures, so who knows how long that will take! haha HOpefully before Saturday!

Shannon and Justin! said...

happy new year! i love that pic of your family on christmas eve. you're all studs.

alicia said...

Like the new family pic! Sounds like you had a full week. Thanks for coming to our little get together. It helps me feel not so homesick at the holidays.

alicia said...

I posted this response on "my comments" and realized you may not see it, so here it is again: Those bubbles literally went around her head. She was sitting up. There were ALOT of bubbles!! And she was having a blast!!

Wendi said...

Don't feel bad about not blogging, I deferred to Jed this Holiday. I wanted to enjoy spending the time with them not stressing about blogging about it. Maybe I'll go back and do a post about winter break.