
It was so nice to have my mom here! I miss living nearer to her and my brothers terribly but, I do love living in Iowa. If only I could have it all here in Iowa. We were so busy I don't even know in what order we did everything. She came in on Thursday the 4th, we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and just kind of hung out. Friday the 5th we shopped, Saturday the 6th we went to Des Moines and went to the zoo, and then we did what? Do you really need to ask? SHOP, we shopped A LOT! My mom redecorated our living room and we haven't moved a thing, she is surprised, I think we are too. We got rid of our piano on Sept. 18th, I am so happy! We got it off of Craigslist about a year ago, in hopes of fixing it and learning how to play and then teaching the kids, 5 keys were broke then and a year later they are still broke. I figured why not give it to someone who can use love it? Sorry about going off on a tangent but, hey it's part of the living room right now. The rest of the time is mostly a blur. I do know that on the 8th we got matching pedicures, had lunch with Michael at his school and went to Iowa City/ Coralville. I showed my mom the devastation of the flood on the Iowa City/ Coralville side of town. On Wednesday the 10th we went to the Cedar Rapids, Museum of Art and they had a exhibit on the damage the flood caused here in Cedar Rapids. My heart really goes out to all those affected by the flood, it is 3 months later and they are still displaced, I don't know how I would have handled that. My mom left on the 11th, it was a sad, sad, day and I still wish we lived closer but, we don't so we have to cherish the time that we do get together. I got a new calling about a month and a half ago, I am the Enrichment Specialist. I am planning a Activity for Tuesday the 23rd, our theme is Angels in Our Midst. It will all be on Visiting teaching. It will be good for everyone, as we are restructuring our program. I have also been walking/ jogging now for about a month or so, I have also given up soda. I gained 3 pounds, how does that work? Before I went to AZ I went on a diet for about a month and a half and I gained 5 pounds? HOW? Oh well it's good for me to exercise anyway! I hope that this post finds everyone well, thanks for being patient with me.
Grandma and her babies 9-6-08
Me and my hunny! I love him, so much!
Grace get to be out of the stroller almost the whole time, she was being such a cute toddler trying to be a big people. 9-6-08
This duck was actually eating out of Michael's hand but, it happened so fast I couldn't catch it on camera. 9-6-08
Feeding the llama's, donkey's and goats


Grandma having lunch with Michael and his class 9-8-08
After lunch, shopping till Grace was dropping.
Grandma and Grace in Downtown Cedar Rapids on 9-10-08

Grandma giving her babies a few more snuggles before it's time to leave to go back to sunny Arizona 9-11-08
2 comments:
dude seriously, I was in the gym 4-5 days a WEEK for 5 months before I lost any weight at all. Just tell yourself it is MUSCLE. :)
She's right. It is muscle.
And, isn't it fun to have Grandma around? Looks like you had a good time.
Post a Comment