Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Flood pictures from Wednesday, June 11th 2008

These are some of the pictures of the flooding on Wednesday night. I think the peak in Cedar Rapids was Thursday or Friday. These pictures don't show anything near the way the city of Cedar Rapids looked then. It was absolutely devastating driving around and watching all the people desperately trying to pack up their lives in a matter of hours.

There is supposed to be grass below this scenic area.

This is supposed to be a bike trail.

There is supposed to be a road here.

There is supposed to be a road here and a picnic shelter.


Notice the car in the middle of the water?

There is supposed to be a sidewalk/ bike trail on the right side of the picture and a parking lot by the buildings.


1 comment:

Hall Family said...

Wow, I didn't know you took these! they're pretty good...I mean it's crazy how fast it went up from Tues to Wed!!! (and even til Friday too)